Jaipur was Founded on 18 November, 1727 and named after Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II . Jaipur is a Part of Famous Golden Triangle Tour among Tourists which include Delhi and Agra Also.
Jaipur is famous for its rich Culture, Heritage, Rajputana Style Architecture, Traditions and History. Jaipur City is a Fusion of Both Old and Modern City, which keeps it all interesting for travellers.
Jaipur is one of the best tourist destinations of India offering variety of Stays like Hostels, Guest Houses, B&B, Hotels, Heritage Buildings etc. Which makes Jaipur Affordable and Luxury at the same time.
Each Fort, Temple, Haveli etc boasts beautiful Architecture of Skilled Craftmanship and passion for building. Jaipur main tourist attractions are : Amer, Nahargarh, Hawa Mahal, Birla Temple, Galta Temple, City Palace, Jal Mahal etc.
Jaipur is also Famous for its Cultural and Rich Heritage Market which is famous for Camel Leather Items, Jewellery, Rajasthani Dresses, Handicraft items, Jaipuri Carpets,100gm Rajaiyan etc which makes it a Shopper’s Paradise.
Jaipur is also famous among Food Lovers providing variety of Veg and Non Veg Foods. M M Khan, Gopi Bhojanalaya, Ice Cream lassi, Rajasthani Thali Food etc are some Popular Food Spots in Jaipur.
CRAZY FACTS ABOUT JAIPUR :
- Jaipur was named after King Sawai Jai Singh.
- During the rule of Sawai Ram Singh I, the city was painted pink to welcome HRH Albert Edward, Prince of Wales (who later became King Edward VII, Emperor of India), in 1876. Many of the avenues still remain painted in pink, giving Jaipur a distinctive appearance and the epithet Pink city.
- Hawa Mahal was Created for Royal Womans to Practice Veil System while watching Street Functions.
- There are 3 Forts in Jaipur – Amer Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Meharangarh Fort.
- Jal Mahal was Built in Artificial Lake.
- Monkey Temple is famous for its friendly Monkeys.
- Johri Bazaar has been Developed as Heritage Market.
- World’s Oldest Biggest Tank is located at Jaigarh Fort, which was fired only Once.
- World biggest Sun Dial is located at Jantar Mantar.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE :
Jaipur is one of my favorite place in India, every time I visit this City, I feel connected. Jaipur Rich Heritage, Culture, Architecture, Hills, Temples, Food etc attracts me a lot.
Sunset View from Naharagarh is best, you will get the whole city glimpse from there.
As a Food Lover, I have tried many food in streets of Jaipur which is very unique like Butter Chicken of M.M. Khan, Shahi Paneer of Gopi Bhojanalaya etc.
If you have a Student ID then you can claim upto 80% Discount on Entrance Tickets. e-ricksaws, Tuk Tuk, Taxi’s are also available till late night (Charges starting from Rs 10).
If you are visiting Amer Fort then do take Tunnel way to Jaigarh Fort, On the way you will see beautiful Secenery, landscape throughout the journey. I was blessed to take that route.
- Taxi, Trains, Buses and Flights are well connected from all over India.
- Jaipur is also a gateway to other tourist places like Pushkar, Ajmer, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Mt. Abu etc.
- Local Food Places are available from 6 AM to 12 Midnight.
- ATM’s, Toilet’s are Availabe at all Monuments.
- Try to have a Local Person with you to explore Jaipur Beautifully.
- All monuments are open from Sunrise to Sunset.
- Winters (Oct – March ) are more favorable for Travel in Rajasthan.
- Beaware of Touts and Guides, they always Keep an Eagle Eye on You.
- NEVER Hire a Guide in any Monuments, instead Read Blogs, Vlogs (YouTube) about a Place.
Thanks for visiting this website and I look forward to helping you to travel more. I am eagerly waiting for your Comments and Suggestions below.
P.S. – If you still want to know more, Read my Other blog here