Hawa Mahal is located in the Middle of Jaipur City like a Crown. It is beautiful decorated with Red Sandstone and Colorful Windows, which will give you the Glimpse of Indian History about Rajasthan. Hawa Mahal was built for Royal Woman’s who could watch Festivals and events from Windows due to VEIL systems.
Hawa Mahal will give you the Glimpse of Medieval time of India, Where Woman’s from Royal Family practiced Veil System for safety and Respect. King Built the Whole New Palace to connect Royal Woman to the outside world.
Rajput King Sawai Pratap Singh was a Devotee of Lord Krishna, a Hindu God. In order to Honor Lord Krishna, Sawai Pratap Singh order to Built this Palace in the shape of Lord Krishna Crown.
Hawa Mahal is also the Tallest Building in the World without any foundation, On it’s Top floor you can always feel Breeze Wind throughout the Year.
HISTORY / ARCHITECTURE :
Hawa Mahal was built in 1799 A.D by Kachhawa Rajput Ruler Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh for the woman of Royal Palace to enjoy events and festivals in the Street. It was designed by Ustad Lal Chand.
Huge amount of Red and Pink Stone has been used to give it a beautiful Color like Pink City of Jaipur. As The King Sawai Pratap Singh was Devotee of Lord Krishna, so he ordered to design the palace in the Shape of Lord Krishna’s Crown.
Hawa Mahal is one of the most Iconic Monuments of Jaipur because of its unique Architecture that comprises 753 Windows. Latticework on these windows experiences a cooling effect as the breeze blows in through them.
Hawa Mahal features a splendid fusion of Islamic, Mughal, and Rajput architectural styles. Its domed canopies, floral patterns, lotus motifs, and fluted pillars, all reflect the rich Rajput style. Complementing these elements is the filigree work in stone and lavish arches, both of which draw influence from the Islamic style of architecture.
Crazy Facts About Hawa Mahal :
- It is Only Palace in the World with No Foundation Structure supporting height of 50 m.
- Hawa Mahal was built for Royal Woman’s of Rajput Ruler’s.
- It Comprises 753 Windows with beautiful ArtWork.
- Hawa Mahal was designed in the shape of Lord Krishna’s Crown as a dedication for him.
- It’s building comprises Islamic, Mughal and Rajput Architectural Styles.
- It was the Favourite resort of Maharaja Sawai Singh because of it’s Breezing Effect and Architecture.
- Each of the five floors of the Hawa Mahal has a temple in it. Sharad Mandir exists on the first floor while the Ratan Mandir with colorful glasswork is on the second floor. Vichitra Mandir, Prakash Mandir, and Hawa Mandir adorn the top three floors.
- There are no stairs to reach the upper floors of the palace. Ramps were built, instead, as it was easy to carry palanquins of Rajput royal ladies on ramps.
- All 753 windows are designed in such a way that Outsider’s can’t see inside, but Royal Woman’s can see everything.
My Personal Experience :
Hawa Mahal is a Must Place to Visit in Jaipur, It has a unique Architectural style of 753 windows, which I have not seen anywhere in India. The Breezing Air from it’s Top Floor gives you a Pleasing experience. Hawa Mahal also has a Museum which gives you the glimpse of Royal Past Region.
Attractions near Hawa Mahal
- Jantar Mantar (700 m)
- Govind Dev Ji Temple (750 m)
- City Palace (850 m)
- Jaipur Zoo (2 km)
- Albert Hall Museum (2.4 km)
- Raj Mandir Cinema (3.7 km)
- Dolls Museum (3.8 km)
- Central Park (4.4 km)
- Birla Mandir (4.5 km)
- Jal Mahal (5 km)
- Kanak Vrindavan Garden (5.3 km)
- Rambagh Palace (5.4 km)
- Amber Palace (7.9 km)
- Hawa Mahal is accessible by all transport vehicle 24×7 as it is located on a Main Street of Jaipur City.
- Gopi Bhojanalaya (Veg), M.M. Khan (Non – Veg) and Ice-Cream Lassi is a Popular Food Joints Nearby.
- ICICI Bank, SBI Bank etc. ATM’s are available Nearby.
- Beaware of Touts and Guides, they always Keep an Eagle Eye on You.
- NEVER Hire a Guide in any Monuments, instead Read Blogs, Vlogs (YouTube) about a Place.
- Ticket Price : Rs 50 (Indians) , Rs 200 (Foreigners). Carry your Student ID Always, It will give a Discout upto 80% (I have used it many Times in Rajasthan).
- Timings : 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- It will take Upto 1.5 Hours to see Hawa Mahal.
- No Food items, drugs, alcohol etc is allowed inside premises. Better to Eat and Relieve yourself before entering.
- Water or Loo Facility is Available inside the Hawa Mahal Area.
- It is best to visit Hawa Mahal by Morning or Evening for Sunrise and Sunset. The place becomes more photogenic during sunset. The setting sun adds vibrant colors to the red sandstone walls.
- When it comes to weather, it is better to avoid summers and monsoon. The best time to visit the place is during winter. Winter starts in October and ends in March.
- The nearest airport to Hawa Mahal is located in Jaipur, 15 km away from it. The nearest railway station is located inside the city. Jaipur Railway station has regular train services from Agra, Delhi etc.
- If you are looking for common options, choose to fly or reach Jaipur via road transportation and hire bus or private taxi from Agra to Bharatpur.
- Address : Hawa Mahal Rd, Badi Choupad, J.D.A. Market, Pink City, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002
- Google Maps Location : https://email@example.com,75.7567035,12z
Thanks for visiting this website and I look forward to helping you to travel more. I am eagerly waiting for your Comments and Suggestions below.
P.S. – If you still want to know more, Read my Other blog here